Nationally recognised and the winner of awards from BETT, Nominet and ISPA, ‘360 Degree Safe’is free to use and is intended to help schools review their e-safety policy and practice. It provides:
- Information and stimulus that can influence the production or review of e-safety policies and develop good practice.
- A process for identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Opportunities for commitment and involvement from the whole school.
- A continuum for schools to discuss how they might move from a basic level provision for e-safety to practice that is aspirational and innovative.
As schools progress through the review tool, the following certificates and awards can be achieved to indicate progress:
- Certificate of Commitment: demonstrating a commitment to reviewing e-safety
- Certificate of Progress: recognition for commitment to developing e-safety
- E-Safety Mark: accreditation of good practise in e-safety policy and procedures
For more information about ‘360 Degree Safe’ and the E-Safety Mark go to www.360safe.org.uk.
Download a flyer here.
Somerset’s Support Services for Education ELIM team (e-learning and information team) can provide the following services to develop and support e-safety and to help your staff and students become confident and safe when using ICT:
- Support in achieving the E-Safety Mark, by providing an e-safety audit visit.
- Training in e-safety for staff, governors or parents.